Monday, August 4, 2014

Recipe: Scrambled Eggs

Today is Heritage Day, so I have the day off work! In an attempt to maintain some consistency in my sleep-wake times I got up at 6:15 am and am happy to say that I used the morning pretty productively. I did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, tidied the bedroom, swept, vacuumed, and even wiped down the windowsills (so dusty!).

Then I sat down to a cup of coffee and this egg scramble, which was quick and easy to throw together but came out colourful and delicious. I generally reserve any breakfast requiring the use of the stove for weekends, but with only around five minutes of preparation and cooking, these eggs could be scrambled up on any weekday. With two eggs it packs over 12 grams of protein as well.
fancy scrambled eggs recipe

Scrambled Eggs
  • kale (rinsed and coarsely chopped)
  • kidney beans (rinsed)
  • banana peppers
  • cheddar cheese (sliced into small pieces)
  • 2 eggs
  • milk
fancy scrambled eggs recipe
Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together with some milk (to increase fluffiness!). Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Toss in the kale, kidney beans, banana peppers, and cheese, then pour the egg/milk mixture over it all. Scramble with a spatula for around a minute, until the eggs are cooked.
fancy scrambled eggs recipe
Plate it and enjoy it warm! I like that you can just throw in whatever is on hand in the fridge to make any variation of egg scramble. This combination is the best I’ve made — the lightly cooked kale is tender and mild, the beans provide a nice satisfying starchy balance, the banana peppers give a bit of spice, and the cheese smells wonderful while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...