Sunday, September 21, 2014

Recipe: Baked Potato Wedges

I've been craving potato wedges ever since I acquired a roasting pan and saw my chance this week with potatoes on sale for 5 lb for $0.99. Inspired by the delicious garlic fries I had at Meat, I decided to use fresh garlic as seasoning.

  • 8 russet potatoes (each sliced into 8 - 10 wedges)
  • 1 bulb (10 cloves) of garlic (finely chopped)
  • olive oil
I scrubbed the potatoes under running water, then sliced each of them into eight to ten wedges.
I put them in a roasting pan, poured a bit of olive oil on top, and stirred to coat all of the wedges. Then I stirred in the chopped garlic.
I baked the potato wedges (without a lid) at 375 degrees F for about 60 minutes, stirring them every 15 minutes or so. In retrospect, I should have laid them out in a single layer on a baking sheet -- they would have gotten twice as crispy in half the time! Still, I'm glad that they turned out pretty yummy! I've got plenty of leftovers to last all week :)

What seasonings do you like on potato wedges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...