Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Websites That Make My Life Easier

The past couple of days have been long (but good!) ones, which means I haven't had much time for blogging between late dinners and early bed times. Here's a quick post on eight websites I find useful (besides Google Maps and The Weather Network!).
  1. Episode Calendar -- I don't know how I would keep my TV watching organized without this website (I guess that's a sign that I watch too much TV). The best part is being able to cross off episodes on the calendar after watching them, which leaves me feeling oddly accomplished (until the website reminds me that I've watched 1 month, 12 days, and 11 hours of TV shows...yikes).
  2. Smart Canucks -- This website consolidates shopping flyers for easy reading.
  3. Tomorrow's Gas Price Today -- This website may help you to save a little on gas. I find it most useful to scope out the cheapest gas stops on road trips.
  4. MapMyRun -- It's quick and easy to map out a route, and the website provides an interesting analysis of distance and elevation. You can also share your routes and view routes mapped by others.
  5. PicMonkey -- The easiest free online photo editor/blog banner creator I've come across!
  6. Dropbox -- Lots of people use this free file hosting and sharing service. I have the app on my phone set to automatically upload any photos I take with my phone to my dropbox. It's the simplest way I've found to transfer photos from my phone to my computer!
  7. Google Translate -- Another site you've probably used. I find the "listen" button helpful for learning pronunciation.
  8. Click 98.9 Listen Live -- This is my favourite online radio station. Based in Seattle, it plays great "modern music" and has minimal ads.

What websites do you find useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...