- fog -- When you don't experience them constantly, foggy west coast days are kind of neat. There was so much fog the day I left Victoria, I was impressed that the planes were running on schedule.
- sun -- As I've said before, I don't mind the cold so long as it's sunny. This week we've had some extra cold weather, but fortunately also lots of sun.
- SkyShuttle ticket -- I missed the hourly airport bus by less than a minute (!) due to a short arrival delay in Edmonton. I was about to insert my credit card to pay for an $18 SkyShuttle ticket, when a guy came up and offered his to me for $10 since his ride had arrived. Taking the SkyShuttle saved me the time and bother of taking the bus and LRT at 10:30 pm and I was happy that the driver was kind enough to drop me off on my block (despite having said that he wouldn't, as it was not a designated stop).
- Canucks vs. Panthers -- I caught the end of the third period of Thursday's Canucks vs. Panthers game. Despite it ending in a 3-1 win for the Panthers, it was touching to see the Vancouver audience jump up and cheer -- for their ex-goalie Roberto Luongo, who had made 33 of 34 saves and was named First Star of the game. Luuuuuu!
- home call -- Home call is when instead of staying in the hospital for 24 hours, we get to go home and answer pages over the phone, only coming back into the hospital if needed. As all of my previous call has been in-hospital, it's a novel experience to get to eat chocolate and watch TV in bed whilst on call...unfortunately it'll be back to in-hospital 24-hour call on Monday!
- free parking -- I think hospital parking is universally exorbitant. Fortunately at the hospital I'm currently at, there is ample close street parking, free of annoying "2 hour" or "residential only" signs.
- Harry Potter Retold By People Who've Never Read or Seen It -- This BuzzFeed video is clever and hilarious -- you'll want to watch it!
What did you enjoy this week?