Saturday, March 21, 2015

Weekend Review: Aurora Borealis, The Druid, & The Rosie Effect

I'm halfway through my general surgery rotation and sure am happy to have this weekend off! Due to a combination of insomnia, poorly timed coffee, and aurora borealis excitement, I got barely three hours of sleep for the first four nights this week...but not to worry, I slept for eleven hours last night to average things out! The days have been long and busy, hence the paucity of posts, but the week in general has been good -- here are some things I've enjoyed:




  1. aurora borealis -- I saw the northern lights for the first time this week!! The experience really deserves a post of its own; I'll write one tomorrow!
    aurora borealis edmonton
    this is all my point-and-shoot camera could pick up :(
  2. casserole -- Faced with a wilted bunch of spinach last weekend, I decided to bake a big casserole with anything and everything I had on hand: rice, onion, garlic, spinach, canned tomatoes, kidney beans, and luncheon meat. It was so nice to come home to already cooked dinners and have something to pack along to eat on call.
    rice spam casserole
  3. cake -- The sweetest resident brought in a delicious cake she had made (from scratch!) for one of the other resident's birthdays. Cake on call = the best.
    sally's baking addiction cake
  4. The Druid Irish Pub -- It was fun to spend Friday night catching up with some resident friends over beers, appetizers, and desserts.
    the druid irish pub edmonton
    Kilkenny & Irish potato chip nachos
  5. dog buddies -- A cute photo I stumbled across on Tumblr:
    black white dog friends
    (http://dailyoftheday.com/how-dogs-walk-arm-in-arm/)
  6. The Rosie Effect -- When I was sick last weekend I finished reading The Rosie Effect, the sequel to (and every bit as entertaining as) The Rosie Project. Next up: Tina Fey's Bossypants.
    the rosie effect
    (http://www.amazon.com/The-Rosie-Effect-A-Novel/dp/1476767319)
What was great in your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...