Saturday, April 18, 2015

Weekend Review: New York Bagel Cafe, Outlet Stores, & NHL Playoffs

It's been another low-key pathology week with lots of beautiful sunny weather. Plus I'm starting to get excited about my trip back to BC in a couple of weeks (and how I know it's getting close is that I counted the number of eggs in my fridge pre-grocery shopping and realized that it exceeded the number of days that I have left here, yay!). Here are some things I've enjoyed in the past seven days:





  1. snowshoe hares -- I've been here for ten months but still haven't gotten over the size of these guys! They're all over the place in Edmonton and have transitioned from their winter white coat back to brown. Here's one I crossed paths with on the way home from work the other day:
    snowshoe hare edmonton
  2. New York Bagel Cafe -- I had a great lunch of a pumpernickel bagel with artichoke and feta cream cheese while catching up with a friend at this cute little cafe I'd never even heard of. It looks like a house from the outside and is more unique inside than its name suggests, with old books and other hipster-ish decor.
    new york bagel cafe
  3. outlet stores -- I spent a couple of hours wandering around in the South Edmonton Common outlet stores last weekend. I hadn't been to the outlet stores before and was surprised at how vast the complex was -- I actually had to drive between the different pods of stores and didn't even make it into all of them! I'm not one for brand names, but was happy to find a pretty $98 J. Crew sweater for $5. I'll have to make my way back to the outlet stores...next time in better walking shoes!
    outlet stores edmonton
  4. playoff hockey -- I'm glad that CBC.ca is live-streaming the games. Go Canucks Go!
    canucks playoffs 2015
    the aftermath (& poor Eddie with no goal to go back to) (Canucks vs. Flames, April 17, 2015)
    (http://vncvrcncks.tumblr.com/post/116704049276/nuclear-slapshot-peep-eddie-trying-to-decide)
  5. kitchen counter bar -- Having never had one before, it took me a while to realize how useful it is to have a kitchen counter bar! Mine mostly serves as a laptop holder :)
    canucks playoffs 2015
    multitasking
  6. bagels -- I've been really enjoying lightly toasted bagels with peanut butter this week!
    bagel peanut butter
  7. toaster settings -- And I've happily discovered that my toaster has a bagel setting (and a couple other mysterious settings which I haven't been curious enough to look up in the instruction manual).
  8. food processor -- I put my new food processor to the test this week to prepare some hummus. Definitely easier than using the blender!
What was great in your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...