- car wash -- This is hands down the best thing that's happened this week. In a winter city it's pretty much futile to attempt to maintain a clean car pre-April, which I didn't mind because it was an excuse to not wash mine. Apparently in my absence last month, summer arrived and everyone washed their vehicles, leaving mine sticking out this week as the dirtiest one on the road (and I'm not exaggerating -- at one point I had to roll down my window in order to properly see the street onto which I was turning). Unfortunately apartment living left me with no choice but to hit up a touchless car wash for the first time, but fortunately it did a much better job than I'd expected on a year (!) of car grime. Best $8 I spent this week :)
- rice + tahini -- Getting home late and not feeling like cooking the other night led to my discovering this delicious combination!
- multitasking -- I have a bad habit of eating
halfmost of my meals away from the table, so when I discovered this week how to stabilize a hot bowl of soup by placing it in another slightly larger bowl I was understandably (or maybe pathetically is the better adjective) excited.
- eyelash curler -- I was disappointed when the welding on an eyelash curler that I'd recently bought came apart, so I filled out the comment form on Revlon's website and was pleasantly surprised to receive a coupon for a free replacement in the mail. Awesome!
- decorating mugs -- My sister and I had a lot of fun making Sharpie paint pen mugs last weekend, which we finished off by baking yesterday (well, she baked them as I observed over Skype!). They were super easy and will make cute little gifts :)
- snacks -- Chips and candy post exam, yay!
Sunday, June 7, 2015
Weekend Review: Car Wash, Tahini Rice, & Sharpie Paint Pen Mugs
Though the week started off a little gray and rainy, this weekend has been warm and summery enough to necessitate getting my fan out. I'm really appreciating how remarkably long the days seem, with the sun rising at 5 am and setting at 10 pm -- but with the sky still remaining blue until close to 11 pm (one advantage of this latitude!). I've been having a wonderfully lazy weekend of TV watching, reading, and cooking, to cap off a busy week. Here are some things that have been great in the past seven days: