Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter "Granola" Oats

Yesterday I ran out of oats, so they were priority number one on my grocery list today. As you may have noticed, I eat a lot of oats. Oats are my breakfast every day...and occasionally comprise other meal(s) too, more so on some weeks (like this one) than others. I go through phases of preparing my oats in different ways; here's the laziest one yet:
These oats take less than a minute to assemble and require only three ingredients. They're dry and clumpy and therefore resemble a cross between granola and muesli. As such, they're perfect for topping yogurt...or just eating straight.
To make these, I scoop 0.5 cup (for a snack) or 0.75 cup (for breakfast) of quick oats into a bowl, throw some chocolate chips on top, and microwave for 30 seconds.
pre-microwaving
I stir in a spoon of peanut butter and that's it!
post-microwaving (those chocolate chips are 100% melted, despite still looking solid!)
These are so quick and easy to make, taste great, and (thanks to the peanut butter) keep me full for longer than my usual oats/water/cinnamon/sugar porridge. Sure, they're not crunchy like granola, but also require no cooking and take a minute to prepare. Aaand I can't have granola in the house without eating it by the handful until it's all gone, so it's probably best for me to stick to oats.
any excuse to consume more chocolate and PB

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...