Friday, November 6, 2015

Holiday Clothing Drive

Project Live It aspires to encourage people to try new and interesting things and to help others to do the same. I'll be posting what I've been inspired to try/learn/see/do each Friday.

One of the things I'm super glad to be a part of this year is our provincial residents' association. I'm one who has to push myself a little (or a lot) to join these sorts of things, but I can tell you that once you're a part of something worthwhile you'll wonder why you ever deliberated over signing up!
One of the great things about our residents' association is that it has lots of subcommittees, which allows everyone to involve themselves in things that they find interesting. I'm on the community wellness committee and am helping out with our soon-to-launch annual holiday clothing drive.
The drive a nice way to collaborate with residents from different programs, learn about the organization which we are supporting (Youth Empowerment & Support Services), and make a small contribution to our community.

Opportunities to participate in things -- clubs, conferences, volunteering, what have you -- are always retrospectively worthwhile; when one comes my way I'm trying to ask "why not?" instead of "why?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...