Thursday, November 5, 2015

Recipe: Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies

I've been going back and forth on whether to post about the funfetti cookies I made yesterday as 1) it's hardly a recipe and 2) I'm embarrassed to admit how much junk food I eat...but they're so easy and so delicious that I can't not share.
duncan hines cake mix cookies
I've drooled over funfetti concoctions on other blogs and felt compelled to pick up a box of Duncan Hines funfetti (or rather "confetti cups" because apparently funfetti is trademarked by Pillsbury) cake mix that I noticed on sale while grocery shopping.

It took a full 47 seconds to stir these together in a mixing bowl:
  • 1 box funfetti cake mix
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil,
and another couple of minutes to distribute the dough onto two cookie sheets in 36 slightly-smaller-than-ping-pong-ball spheres.

I popped them into the oven at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes then took them out (still super soft) to leave to cool on the cookie sheets.
funfetti cake mix cookies
The cookies held their structure better than I'd expected and look pretty nice with their cracked tops. Taste-wise, they're perfectly soft, chewy, and delicious (obviously, because they taste like funfetti cake!), without any oiliness. My only complaint would be that they're a little bit salty, so I might try another brand of cake mix if when I make these again. And speaking of making these again, I can't imagine it'd hurt to add some extra sprinkles or white chocolate chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...