Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Weekend Review: Banana Bread, Plant Update, & Toilet Bowl Cleaner

medicine blog
I'd meant to post this last night, at the end of the long weekend (Monday off for Family Day!) but ended up busy on call. I had a nice weekend, despite some of it being spent fussing over conference abstracts (thankfully submitted today -- such a relief). I made a trip to the mall to return something...and ended up buying more things; picked up groceries; got a cake for a friend's birthday; attended an orientation; studied; nothing too exciting. Here are a few things that I appreciated this past week:

  1. spring? -- Despite some fresh snowfall last week, these past few days have been winter coat-free -- today was 8 °C and sunny!
    snow edmonton
    walking to work last week...now mostly puddles
  2. gas prices -- Documenting that I drove past 57.9 cents/litre signs this morning...crazy!
  3. banana bread -- Found a good use for my rapidly ripening bananas:
    banana cake squares
    It's been 2 years since I made this recipe! Can't let that happen again.
  4. candy -- Sour keys have vastly improved my workdays these past couple of weeks :)
    sour keys work
    the best
  5. plant -- I was worried that this plant wouldn't make it, until these new shoots appeared out of nowhere this week. I'm really glad since it's a special one -- a couple decades ago we brought a sprig back to Victoria from my grandparents' garden in southern Ontario, then last month I transplanted a bit over to Edmonton.
    oxalis
    I just learned (thanks, Google Image) this is called oxalis or purple shamrock
  6. rust/lime/calcium cleaner -- And finally, further evidence that my life is none too exciting these days -- one of the best things this week was getting a bottle of LA's Totally Awesome Rust/Lime/Calcium All-Purpose Cleaner from Dollar Tree. I'd pretty much accepted living with the hard water porcelain stains in my toilet bowl and was skeptical when I saw rave reviews for this stuff online; but seriously, it's magical (and only $1.25!).
    la's totally awesome rust lime calcium
    get some, peeps (not an ad; just amazeballs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...