Sunday, September 25, 2016

Weekend Review: Conferences, Birthday Cake, and a Sandwich

I've been neglecting to post again, thanks to a busy (but wonderful) September. I've just finished a radiation oncology rotation and am moving on to something a little different -- medical physics month -- which I'm actually quite excited about! Edmonton has entered its beautiful fall, with crunchy yellow leaves littering the sidewalks. Fall is so transient here -- one good windstorm and the trees are skeletal. Here are some other things that I've appreciated in the past week:

  1. conferences -- In the past ten days I've gotten to attend conferences in Banff and Boston, which were such great times -- I have lots of photos to post!
    These were actually the first real conferences I'd been to; both fantastic.
  2. rainbow -- On the drive back from Banff we had the crummiest weather, but the rain let up eventually and produced a pretty double rainbow. I tried to capture how large it was in this video, but it doesn't look nearly as impressive as it did in person.
  3. cake -- This is the nicest birthday cake I've ever had, thanks to my awesome resident colleagues.
    Ha. The downside to anonymous blogging.
    It was a 7-layer German chocolate cake.
  4. Gilmore Girls -- Apart from the odd episode here and there, I don't know why I never caught onto Gilmore Girls while it was on. It's such great TV; I love all the characters. So glad I don't have to wait seven years for all the episodes.
  5. sandwich -- This may be the best sandwich I've ever made -- grilled monterey jack cheese, apple, and jam. It was inspired by the one at Earls, but I was missing the chicken.
    Ugh. I could eat this every day.
  6. free admission day -- Today was Edmonton's annual free admission day. I spent a beautiful sunny fall day walking around Fort Edmonton Park with friends, followed by lunch at The Sugar Bowl.
    bison chili -- spicy!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed Boston! While I live in Canada now, I was raised in Massachusetts. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to visit. Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so impressed by Boston! I honestly expected just another big city, but it was fantastic -- such a neat mix of old and new. And thanks so much for the kind words :)

      Delete
  2. That cake looks amazing. o_o It'd be hard to top that! :P Happy belated birthday!!

    I caught on to Gilmore Girls in college because of my roommates, hehehe. It's such a good show! Looking forward to the reunion on Netflix! *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Farrah! I'm looking forward to the reunion too now -- and at my current rate of binge watching I'll actually be through all 7 seasons in time :) #priorities

      Delete
    2. hahaha, that's impressive! :P I'm contemplating rewatching it all, but I don't know how far I'll get! *-*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...