Sunday, September 3, 2017

New Month, Same Goals

Happy September! Time to commit some goals to paper. They're not much different this month compared to previous ones; clearly these remain tough things for me.
  1. exercise -- Can't think of this as all or nothing -- any activity is good, walks included.
  2. no complaining -- A reminder to be gracious and kind. No rants or gossip.
  3. be at work on time -- Getting better at this!
  4. study/research -- Trying to remind myself that 10 minutes of studying or research work is better than nothing. Getting home late shouldn't mean "oh well, too late to start anything, better luck tomorrow".
  5. reading (non textbooks!) -- My reading is so sporadic. 10 minutes a day would ensure a slow, but steady, truck through a book.
  6. news -- Without a car commute, I don't listen to the CBC. And I miss it. I bought a Bluetooth speaker + radio which works great, so I really have no excuse.
My planner has a grid page at the beginning of each month which I've been using to track goals. The sense of accomplishment that comes with putting a dot next to a completed goal goes farther than you'd think in motivating me to do it. I also just like keeping track of stuff. And looking at this planner :)
I'll repost at the end of the month to see how I did!

1 comment:

  1. what a good idea! I have a planner that has a weekly view of: Today: I took care of my body, soul, mind. but seeing it as a one page track is awesome too. I, too, am a visual person. since my postpartum health track has not been good -- I am going to try your idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...